Tuesday Tastes: Chicken Curry

I just finished my hCG diet (I lost 30 pounds) and I'm ready to get back to business here at my little blog and I'm so excited to start cooking again! Oh how I'm missed cooking! And I'm excited to keep watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and making my meals healthier.

I was thinking hard about which recipe I should submit for this week and I decided that I would post the recipe that I've missed the most since I've been eating the same things every day for 3 months.

This is a favorite of my entire family...Chicken Curry!

Chicken Curry

4 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
4 tbsp butter
1 large onion, minced
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
2-3 tbsp red curry past
1 tsp curry
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 tsp cumin
1 lb fresh roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3/4 cup cashews
3/4 cup plain yogurt
salt and pepper to taste

Place a heavy saute pan on the stove and melt the butter in the pan. Add the chicken pieces, onion, and garlic. Cook chicken thoroughly.

Add fresh ginger, curry paste, chicken stock, cumin, curry and freshly chopped tomatoes.

Stir to incorporate spices. Cover pan and allow to simmer for about 20-30 minutes.

Add cashews and yogurt. Stir to incorporate. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Add cilantro.

Serve over rice or for a low carb option...cauliflower rice.

Post a Comment